Annual Economic Development Update
- Choose Cocoa
- Economic Development Programs & Incentives
- Year in Review
- Central Location. Endless Opportunity.
- Stay Connected
Cocoa’s UpStart Small Business Development Program awards $10,000 in forgivable loans to help promote the growth and expansion of minority and/or women-owned small businesses within the City of Cocoa. This program which features a partnership with weVENTURE to provide a customized business mentorship program to participants empowers entrepreneurs to succeed in the city, attracts minority businesses to the area, contributes to the economic vitality by promoting small businesses, and cultivates vibrant neighborhoods through the encouragement of diverse businesses. For more information visit, https://www.choosecocoa.org/223/Upstart-Cocoa-Forgivable-Loan.
- 160 News Businesses Chose Cocoa in 2022. 118 Brick and Mortar businesses and 42 Home-based businesses.
- 834 New employees from the 160 new businesses
- Top industries in Cocoa:
- 23% Educational services, healthcare and social assistance
- 13% Arts, entertainment & recreation, Accommodation and food services
- 11% Retail trade
- 10% Professional, Scientific & Management
- 10% Manufacturing
- Testimonial: Vaya Space CEO, Brent Willis: The City of Cocoa has been remarkably supportive of Vaya Space and its growth. We are very pleased to have found our new facility within the City after outgrowing our smaller offices in the Village. Cocoa is a beautiful and thriving place, filled with some of the best and brightest around. We are proud to be a part of this vibrant community. We have found a beautiful home full of opportunities in Cocoa, and we look forward to continuing to grow, innovate, employ, and invest in Cocoa.
Cocoa is a unique and diverse community situated in the heart of the Space Coast along the Indian River in Brevard County. Serving as a gateway to Brevard’s beautiful beaches, Cocoa is minutes to Central Florida’s many amenities and attractions such as Port Canaveral’s cruise port, Kennedy Space Center, the Brevard Zoo, historical downtown districts, and Orlando area attractions.
Easily accessible by State Roads 520, 528, and 524 as well as Interstate 95 and U.S. Highway 1, Cocoa’s central location within the state of Florida serves as the connection point to some of the state’s major metropolitan markets such as Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, and Miami. In addition to Cocoa’s advantageous location, the City’s streamlined and competitive building and site permitting process, as well as innovative economic development programs, foster a favorable environment for development.
Cocoa’s vibrant historic downtown offers shopping, dining, and entertainment. Downtown Cocoa Village is home to historic landmarks such as the Porcher House, Derby Street Chapel, and Historic Cocoa Village Playhouse, which attracts tens of thousands of patrons annually. Also located in downtown Historic Cocoa Village is Riverfront Park and Amphitheatre, which hosts over 65 special events attracting over a hundred thousand visitors each year.
Cocoa City Council and staff prioritize Economic Development for a brighter future. Citizens and business owners continue to be engaged and play an integral role in the progress of a better Cocoa community. Working together, Council, staff, and the community can ensure prosperity and drive growth in Cocoa.